SIEF – Science Industry Endowment Fund
STEM – Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics
This program provides matched funding of up to $105,000 to engage early-career researchers in Australian research organisations with SME Australian enterprises to work on technical projects that improve the SME’s competitive advantage. Both the grant and matched funding is paid directly to the collaborating research organisation.
The SIEF STEM Business ECR fellows work full-time for 2 to 3 years on each research project led by the SME
The matching funding could be eligible to claim under the R&D Tax Incentive with up to $45,675 refundable tax free.
In this case the $210,000 of research conducted would cost the business only $59,325 or 28.25%
The schemes objectives are:
- Strengthen the research information flow between research orgainisations and SMEs
- Accelerate adoption of new technologies by SMEs
- Fast track solutions to increase competitiveness of SMEs
- Elevate significant of the STEM disciplines as skills and capabilities to industrial competitiveness
- Provide practical experience for ECR fellows