This scheme provides matched grants of up to $50,000 to small and medium sized businesses together with access to expert technology advice to address technology and knowledge gaps, and collaborate with the CSIRO or Universities to develop new ideas with commercial potential. Applicants must conduct an Innovations Connections Facilitation before accessing the grant.
Innovation Connections Facilitation
The Innovations Connections facilitation is a free service provided by an expert Innovation Facilitator who assists your business to:
- identify knowledge gaps
- identify opportunities to work with research organisations to test and develop new ideas
- connect to other business assistance packages
- find the expertise to support your business.
Innovation Connections Grant
Following the consultation you are provided with a report with possible solutions to your problems and referrals to other research programs.
If you choose to implement the suggestions in the report and work with a research organisation, you can apply for an Innovation Connections Grant.
To be eligible to apply a business must be:
- a for-profit company incorporated and operating in Australia
- non tax-exempt
- registered for GST
- with trading activities that are the majority of its overall activities
Grants available under this scheme include:
- placing a researcher in the business ( max $50,000)
- placing a researcher from the business into a PFRO (max $50,000)
- employing a graduate or post-graduate in the business (max $30,000).