The EMDG Scheme provides a 50% cash refund of up to $150,000 per claimant for eligible expenses incurred by any Australian business that is marketing or promoting its products, services or know how to non-residents, after deducting $5,000.
Eligible expenses include:
- Overseas representation (including branches and subsidiaries)
- Marketing Consultants (local and overseas)
- Overseas Marketing Visits
- Free Samples
- International patents, trademarks and registrations
- Trade Fairs, Seminars and in-store promotions
- Promotional literature and advertising
- Overseas buyers visiting Australia
The first claim can cover 2 consecutive years and requires no export sales.
The minimum claim is $15,000 of eligible expenses resulting in a $5,000 grant
Products can be produced overseas provided there is a significant net benefit to Australia from the sale.
Businesses with a turnover exceeding $50 million are ineligible.
A maximum of 8 claims is allowed. Claims do not have to be lodged in consecutive years.
Marketing costs promoting to New Zealand and North Korea are ineligible
Eligible export marketing activities include:
- Goods made in Australia
- Overseas produced goods depending on the Australian net benefit
- Tourism and eligible Non-tourism services
- Events held in Australia
- Australian Intellectual property rights, trademarks and know how.
Complete the eligibility checklist if you are unsure or contact DIY Grants Online.